John Bell Chapter, NSDAR Supports
the Fort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters
Fort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters, located in Portage, Wisconsin, is owned and operated by the Wisconsin Society Daughters of the American Revolution. The Surgeons Quarters, built in 1828, is one of the oldest French Colonial log homes in the state. Fort Winnebago was constructed from 1828-1830 as one of three forts built along the Fox - Wisconsin Waterway from Green Bay to Prairie du Chien. The Fort was abandoned in 1845 and much of it was destroyed in an 1856 fire. The Surgeons Quarters, located outside the walls of the Fort, is the only surviving structure associated with Fort Winnebago.
John Bell Chapter, NSDAR supports the Fort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters as one of our major projects.
For more information about the Surgeons Quarters, please visit its website.